Prerequisites for Journal Application to TR Index
The following issues are a prerequisite for journal applications for screening in the TR Index, and the issues stated as incomplete or incorrect will result in the rejection of the journal application. Therefore, be sure to provide the relevant items.
- To apply to the index, at least one issue must be published.
- The journals in the field of Health Sciences, Dentistry and Pharmaceuticals should publish at least 3 issues per year; journals in the field of Engineering, Basic Sciences, Veterinary Medicine should publish at least 2 issues per year and journals in the field of Social Sciences and Humanities should publish at least 1 issue per year.
- ISSN should be obtained for printed journals and E-ISSN for electronic journals. If both formats are published, both ISSNs must be available.
- The ISSN number must be obtained from the ISSN Office of Libraries and Publications General Directorate of the Ministry of Culture.
- The format of the journal name on the outside cover/inside cover/web page should be the same as the ISSN registration at the Republic of Turkey Ministry of Culture.
- The ISSN of the printed version of the journal (on the outside cover of the journal, preferably on the upper right, together with the information regarding the journal on the inner cover) and the ISSN of the electronic version should be easily visible on the journal website and on the home page.
- The journal should be a peer-reviewed and scientific journal. This should be indicated in the journal and/or on the web page.
- The journal should have an independent web page and the detailed information for the scientific journal should be designed in an easily accessible manner. Information related to the journal [full name of the journal, name in other languages (such as the English name), if any, abbreviated name, ISSN (printed) and/or ISSN (electronic), full address, publication language of the journal, publication months, publication interval, purpose, scope and ethical information, corporate contacts and e-mail addresses, history of the journal (if applicable such as change of name and ISSN with year intervals), editors and related boards, publisher, publishing house, etc. information] should be indicated on the inside cover of the journal and/or on the website under separate headings.
- The purpose and scope of the journal should be indicated in detail in the journal and/or on the web page.
- The articles in the journal should contain abstract and keywords in the article language. A word limit should be given for the abstract and this rule should be followed. Abstract and Keywords should comply with international standards.
- Articles written in languages other than Latin alphabets should include the title, abstract, keywords and references written in Latin alphabets.
- The articles in the journal should be classified according to their types (research article, case report, review, etc.) and indicated on the table of contents and on the first page of the article.
- On the first page of the scientific articles in the journal, preferably at the bottom, the article submission and acceptance dates, the institutions of all authors, contact information and the internationally valid “ORCID” information should be included.
- In order not to disrupt the integrity of scientific articles, advertisements and similar promotions should not be included in the article and should not be given a page number.